Although we were hoping to release a stable V1033 before the end of the year, various performance issues made that ETA impossible to fulfill.
As a result, we have decided to open up the testing branch "early" (in its current buggy state), so players can start trying out new features and provide feedback on issues and performance on a wider range of PC specs.
- Right-click GROUND BRANCH in your Steam Library and select Properties…
- Click BETAS on the left-hand list
- Enter code
CommunityTest1033 in the text box and click Check Code button
- A blue button to "Opt into: communitytest - Community testing branch" will pop up — click it!
Steam will download the files for the new testing branch.
💡 DEDICATED SERVER OWNERS:
To migrate your dedicated server to the Community Test branch, follow the same steps with the DS install. Use code CommunityTestDS1033 to opt in.
You can go back to the stable V1032 branch at any time by simply choosing "None" in the drop-down menu. Steam will re-download the files for the stable branch.
Below is a fairly comprehensive list of additions, changes and known issues to look out for.
¶ Main features
- MK17 CQC
- MK17 DMR
- AK-105 Alpha (replaced AK-74 MI)
- AKS-74U Alpha (replaced AK-74 MI CQB)
- Carry Handle Rear Sight
- ATACR 1–8x (currently using Vudu reticle as placeholder)
- MK8 CQBSS 1.1–8x (currently using AccuPower reticle as placeholder)
- Docter II (Flat, Low and High mounts)
- MK46 Suppressor (AAC® MG-SD)
- Handstop Grip
- Reverse Grip
- Stubby Grip B
- Tan variants for all foregrips
- AccuPower 1–8x
- Vudu 1–6x
- ACOG 4x
- M68 CCO
- Micro T-2
- PSO-1M2 4x
- Bipod Grip
- Angled Grip
- LPVO scope mount
- New character: Male 05
- New customization option: Callsign
- New customization option: Facial Hair (Full Beard)
- New customization option: Patches for headgear (right, left and center) and shoulders (left and right). Patches can use full-color, grayscale, tan or green versions
- New night vision goggles: GPNVG-18
- New night vision filter option: White Phosphor; to use, select AN/PVS-15 (White) or GPNVG-18 (White) from the helmet attachments
- Tucked-in shirts and unzipped Combat Shirts
- Various tweaks and additions to skins for Gear and Outfit items
- A few changes in item display names
🚧 Skins are a work in progress (and so is everything else)
For V1033, we'll be prioritizing making the existing skins consistent, but we'll still be adding a few new ones here and there for the actual release. Needless to say, we'll keep adding and tweaking them throughout development.
- Screen Space Global Illumination (SSGI) and Dynamic Field Ambient Occlusion (DFAO) both provide an upgrade to lighting, with toggle and performance options located in
Settings › Video (some in the Advanced tab)
- GeForce RTX graphics cards can now use NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex to boost performance
- NVG effects (including IR lasers) have been overhauled. The overlay has also been reworked to adapt the FOV to take up as much vertical screen space as desired by the player (this can be adjusted in
Settings › Gameplay)
- Clothing materials were updated to be less dark and difficult to tell apart in the shadows — which, in turn, should also be less harsh
- Particles were remade for virtually every effect in the game
- Added muzzle blast effect (on nearby surfaces)
- A first pass of the bird flocks was added to several maps
- As detailed in Intel Reports #011 and #012, audio has been optimized to reduce CPU usage considerably
- Lighting has also been optimized in various maps
- New map: Docks (feedback especially appreciated on overall layout for this one!)
- Overhauled map: Depot
- Overhauled map: Storage Facility
- Tweaked maps Creek and Small Town for flow/playability
- Too many minor tweaks to list
- First pass on these item interaction motions (may not match up with certain weapons, positions and poses):
- Switching Night Vision Goggles up/down
- Flipping the G33 Magnifier on/off
- Throwing the magnification switch lever on the Specter DR 1–4x
Enemy AI will now play a "stunned" animation when under the effect of flashbangs
- Added new elements and menus to support new features (most are heavily WIP)
- Automatically suggests build name based on attached items (verbose level can be changed)
- Fewer prompts
- Menu now allows stacking builds (i.e. group all builds of a similar base item) to reduce clutter
- Players can also choose to display only their custom builds
- Custom (player-created) builds are now better highlighted
- Time of Day (TOD) is now set using presets (e.g. "Midnight", Early Afternoon" etc.) due to the sun position matching real-world locations
- Time can be further tweaked for season/time of the year (weather is currently disabled due to performance issues)
- Now allows changing the shoothouse layout
- Updated the screen UI style
Updated several smaller elements for style and readability
¶ Game modes and multiplayer
Updated Intel Retrieval:
- Enemies will now search players once the intel (laptop) is retrieved
- They will also attempt to intercept players at the extraction point
Updated Terrorist Hunt:
Players can now enable "hot spots" — an area of the map where enemy concentration will be highest
Enemies will now (well, again) rush players once down to their last few individuals
Added in-game kit restriction system (via Admin panel)
Rounds can now be 120 minutes (2 hours) long
Added match system (PvP): can set win condition to best-of-X-rounds, first-to-X-rounds, a certain time limit etc.
Added voting for next map
- Enemy AI now has a basic light detection system to prevent them from spotting players if hidden in the shadows, improving nighttime gameplay substantially
- Enemy AI should now be able to mount ladders and bunch up at doors less frequently
¶ Known issues and further notices
As a general rule, the new systems have not received extensive testing — so please report in what you find!
- Doors may not reset between rounds when played online, and may become stuck once a new round is started
- Some weapon sounds are missing (e.g. M24 reloads)
- Due to the audio performance overhaul, mixing may require tuning in several areas (things being too quiet or too loud)
- Some of the new/updated weapons are not properly setup to receive attachments, even if they may display a customization menu
- New weapons may also not be properly setup in terms of rate of fire, recoil and animations
- Icons are missing for the SCAR Front Sight and Bulletproof Vest
- Reminder that a lot of the new UI is placeholder/WIP!
¶ Where should I report bugs, crashes and other issues?
Using the in-game Bugs & Issues report screen (along the top menu when you press Esc), or sounding off in the #bug-reports channel of our Discord community.
We highly appreciate the reports and all feedback!